Wool is a highlight in many collections at ISPO 2018
On 27-31 January 2018, the Fuhrmann team attended the International Sports and Outdoor fair in Munich, Germany.
The joint stand together with Schneider and Schoeller was a lively hub for customers and potential customers to visit and to explore new ideas. The presence of the whole supply chain from farm to manufacturing is a unique concept that creates synergies and real-time problem solving right there at the fair. Brands and retailers visiting the booth discussed their new product developments and ideas to which every member of the Fuhrmann-Schneider-Schoeller supply chain could add value.
In general, wool had a high presence in many of the ski and outdoor apparel on display of participating brands to the ISPO fair. Highlights included:
- Devold introduced its Tribute collection, merino wool base layers that can be traced back to the farm in Patagonia in collaboration with Fuhrmann.
- Devold also won the ISPO innovation award for its merino wool base layers that can be worn inside out, each side offering different properties.
- Norwegian base layer company, Northern Playground, introduced their organic wool collection for the first time at ISPO.
- Besides wool base layers, also wool filling for jackets and pants, replacing downs and synthetic fibres insulation, were a product that sparked a lot of interest at the fair.
- Visitors to the fair could learn about wool by doing the ‘Wool Walk’, a display of several wool innovations.
- Even brands who are known for their synthetic fibre focus launched products containing wool as a premium addition to their collections.
With over 84.000 visitors from 120 countries and 2.801 exhibitors, ISPO was once again a successful fair. While wool remains a niche fibres in the apparel industry, it is definitely one of the most appreciated and valued premium fibres when it comes to performance wear.
This post is also available in: Spanish